Saturday, August 13, 2011

the beginning of an unbelievable journey

I've always wanted to be a photographer.  Whenever someone asked me what I wanted to do after high school, I said "ideally? I'd be a photographer."  A lot of people I said this to discouraged it, though.  They said "That's not a career, that's a hobby."  Unfortunately, I buried my dream and believed that, yes, it was just a hobby.  I could never make it into a career... could I?


I meandered through college switching majors a few times, but couldn't seem to find my niche.  In the back of my mind and in the depths of my heart lurked my dream to become a photographer.  It never died.

Then I started dating my husband, Paul.  He inspired me so much.  I remember shortly after we were married, as we sat at the dinner table discussing our future, he said "why don't you start your photography business? that's your dream, isn't it?"  I didn't know what to say.  It was, after all, my dream.  I'd never had someone so whole-heartedly support my dream before.

And that was that. I switched from X-Ray school to the multimedia design program and I saved for quite some time for my first camera and lenses.  Then I began down the path that has led me to where I am today.  I am so thankful to the Lord for not only bringing my best friend and soul mate into my life when I needed him most, but also for the fact that He has opened so many doors for my dream to become my reality.

There aren't many people that can honestly say they love their jobs.  I'm so happy to be able to say that I really love every minute of the work that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment