Monday, September 26, 2011

Sometimes our kids have fur...

I'm a huge animal lover, always have been.  I grew up always having a dog in the house - we had a beautiful German Shephard named Heidi when I was a toddler.  After she passed, we brought home a Shetland Sheepdog puppy, that my mom named Ruffy... and never looked back. (I also finally convinced my parents to let me have a cat, a loving shorthair we adopted from the Humane Society when I was 10.. I still miss him to this day.) We had Ruffy for 11 wonderful years, along with our cat, Rascal... and finally had to say goodbye to them both when their times came.  To say it was hard is quite an understatement.  We decided it was time to share our love with another canine, and adopted Kirby.. then a year later came Connor, both Shelties.  I can't recommend Shelties enough for ANYONE! They are sweet, loving, obedient, and all-around wonderful family dogs. 

This love for Shelties obvioulsy rubbed off on my sister and I - now that we are both married with homes of our own, we each have a Sheltie of our own as well.  My husband and I named ours Tommy.  We also have a domestic shorthair cat (Twitch, named for her tail that spasms when she gets excited!) that Tommy *LOVES* playing and snuggling with - our house would be so boring without them!

Needless to say, Tommy and Twitch are definitely my 'kids', and I LOVE having family pet sessions - they are so much fun! I don't care what anyone says, they're a part of your family, so why not cherish the memories with professional photos? :) 

(Here's a sweet shot from this weekend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment